3.04.2008

Vintage pattern...

I've been collecting vintage plates ever since I saw this post. I was further inspired to collect them after seeing a photo of Lisa Congdon's kitchen wall. Unfortunately, however, I now have a giant stack of plates just sitting in our front entry.  To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure that I want to make that many holes in the wall...well, that combined with sheer laziness on my part. So rather than making holes in the wall, I've decided to share the love and have created an archive of vintage plate patterns on my flickr page. I thought this may be a good resource for folks who share an interest in and are inspired by vintage patterns. Click here to take a look...enjoy!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hello. I read your blog regularly and enjoy looking at the collections. Just wanted to pass on that you can hang your plates sans holes with adhesive disc hangers -

http://www.dischangers.com/about.php

They come in different diameters and I found some at my local Hobby Lobby. :>

shanna said...

"that many holes in the wall." says the woman with bundt pans covering an entire wall!

these are lovely.
cheers!
s

Octavine Illustration said...

as a fellow lover of china, especially vintage patterns, thank you for this post. much of my art is inspired by vintage china patterns. lovely selection. you have a beautiful blog. cheers.

sk8ordiehard said...

Your collection is quite lovely! I have the same yellow and white print (lower left) in my plate collection--I love it!
maybe you should turn it into a flickr group!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks Elizabeth and Octavine! Shanna, you're a smarty pants :) Renee, I was thinking the same thing.

meg said...

this is actually a great resource--thanks!

Amanda said...

I collect plates too! I've managed to hang a few on my kitchen wall, but the rest sit in an ever-growing pile on top of my fridge. I can't stop buying them, and I'm practically salivating at your photos. :)

cheryl.andrey said...

That blue and brown starbust type pattern is a design by Viktor Schreckengost. It's actually called a "hopscotch" design. His work is absolutely amazing. Such a talented designer. I had the privledge of working under him for a summer before he passed away, very inspiring.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks for the info, Cheryl! I'm going to go look him up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...