3.08.2008

Swap-o-rama...



I worked on my my nesting doll this week and thought, "it would be fun to do a nesting doll exchange!". As you can see, I'm no where near being done, but have decided that it would indeed be fun to do a nesting doll exchange. So, my friends, here’s how it'll work…

1. go here to purchase a set of blank nesting dolls. This set includes five dolls (the largest is 6") and in order to make the dolls stack inside one another we all have to work with the same size.***
2. decorate your nesting dolls to your hearts content (be sure to seal them)
3. mail your nesting dolls to me by May 1, 2008 (April 17 at latest for international participants)
4. include a $5.00 ($7.00 for international participants) check or money order to cover shipping and a small note with your full name and mailing address
5. wait patiently
6. you’ll receive a whole set of dolls made by five other artists in the mail
7. kick back and enjoy your new nesting doll collection!!!

If this sounds perfectly fabulous and you’d just love to participate, please email me at nestingdollexchange [at] gmail [dot] com and I’ll send you my mailing address. Hope to hear from you! Also, just a heads up that I'm taking tomorrow off (gasp!) because it's my birthday. See you Monday.

***(UPDATE: Amazon may be out, so you can also go here to purchase dolls. I don't think it's that big of a deal if they're a little bit different.)

*(Update #2: we have plenty of room, so if you're interested in participating please email me at nestingdollexchange [at] gmail [dot] com)

19 comments:

annie said...

Okay, I'm in. I just ordered my doll set. Yay! Swaps are fun. Really fun.

Rizielde Roculan said...

hiya! i found your blog on poppytalk. i currently collect nesting dolls and would love to participate!!!!

Peggy said...

I'm going to try to do this too! Cute idea. If I am understanding you, are you going to mix up the sets, so you get one each from five different people? Great idea.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Hooray! I'm so happy you've all decided to participate. Rizeielde and Peggy, just send me an email and I'll send you my mailing address. And Peggy, yup...that's exactly how it'll work. :)

Stockton said...

This is such a great idea!

sosser said...

i would love to join the swap!

(and happy birthday!)

Valaine said...

I want to participate, have you got all five artists yet?

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Hi everybody,
we have plenty of room, so send me an email and join the fun! :)
Abbey

Karin said...

Hey! I want in too! I have just ordered my set. I haven't done this before so looking forward to it!

Hope you don't mind but I have made you a contact on flickr too. :)

dominique said...

You can get the dolls at Urban Outfitters too....I have a set that I wanted to make a sculptural "book" from. I'd love to see the results of the designs you receive!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Hi Dominique,
Thanks for the tip. I checked at Urban Outfitters (online) and they were out of nesting dolls. However, I checked on Saturday so they may have some now.
:) Abbey

angelique said...

this sounds like a fantastic idea but I think I am a little to late and a little to far out of the way for them to get to you in time. I will be looking forward to seeing the end results. Maybe there might be another. Cheers

Pixiewinkle said...

I just bought the dolls at the Urban Outfitters store- if you have a UO store near you, they should have them in stock under DIY. Just check the dolls before you buy, as I saw one set that had a small crack in the large doll. Can't wait. This swap is going to be great.

platinum blonde said...

these dolls are wonderful!!!

Jasmine Mirra Turcotte said...

I'm really looking forward to doing this!
I'm going to order the dolls this week...maybe a couple of sets so that I can make gifts!
Can't wait to see the results!

studiotau said...

This sounds like GREAT fun!! Count me in. :)

topics 449 contemp photo said...

hey abby just wondering if your going to extend the deadline i will do it if i don't need to do it this sec like next week would work great i will order the stuff today

Teacher by day - Artist by night said...

Hey Abbey!
How many of us ended up participating? I'm excited to get the dolls! I can't wait to see them.

tiel said...

i'm way too late! how did this swap go? any results to be seen?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...