3.02.2008

Scalloped edging...


Today was a great day! All three of us are feeling better, so we decided to visit the Fisher Price Toy Museum in an adorable little town called East Aurora, New York. The museum was interesting...a bit of a visual tantrum with Fisher Price toys EVERYWHERE. I think they need somebody to go around removing displays to make it less overwhelming. Don't get me wrong though...I loved it and think it'll be great when EZ E is a bit older. The highlight of the day was by far a wonderful five and dime called Vidler's. It was like walking into a store from the 1950's...they had rows of doilies, miniature animal figurines, and this crazy scalloped shelf edging that I should have bought. I loved everything, including the Curious George fire hydrant outside of the store (which I recently learned was hand-painted by Annie K.). We came home with a giant pencil, some Gumby bibs, and a pirate ship bath toy...all awesome finds. I also regret passing up a sign that said "Beware of attack gerbil", but I guess I'll just have to pick it up next time (sorry, PRH...there will definitely be a next time).

1 comment:

annie said...

abbey! i'm so glad you guys had fun! yes, they definitely overkill the fisher price thing there. . .
when i was a little used to always go to Vidler's to get popcorn from the machine and ride "Sandy" the horse.
thanks for the mention!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...