3.16.2008

Melt down...




Today made me even more excited for spring than I already was. Our friend (who PRH went to grad school with) came to visit and we walked to the local coffee shop for lunch. It was so great to be outside and to see her...she's seven months pregnant with her first baby. EZ E seemed to sense the need to be on his best behavior and was extra good while she visited (a lovely little trick babies like to pull out). After she left it was an entirely different story...he had apparently saved his meltdown just for us. As an escape from the ten-month-old meltdown, I read about artist Cathy McLaurin on another friend's blog (who also went to grad school with PRH). Pattern, anthropomorphism, and working on found materials...hell yes! Good find, Joetta!

6 comments:

annie said...

It's such a funny thing... everyone thinks that my daughter is so, so well behaved. They have no idea that she can be absolutely impossible when there are no outsiders to witness it. Kids just instinctively know how to hide the naughty (and save it up for later).

Jo said...

Glad you liked her work, she is just as lovely as it is:)

Jessica said...

these pictures are insanely awesome - I love them especially since they look like they are drawn on found paper

depeapa said...

beautiful!

cathy said...

Oh, Abbey, thank you so much for featuring my work! This series is called Making nice and is on brown paper bags. I'm enjoying looking at your work, too. :)

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

My pleasure, Cathy! Your work is so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...