3.15.2008

Damn with a capital D...



PRH is the cook in our house. Sometimes I'll throw something together, but I tend to cook out of desperation more than anything else. One of my favorite things about PRH being "the cook" is that EZ E and I sit in the kitchen and talk to him while he's cooking. Our kitchen is a fairly decent size (especially for an apartment), but I'd really like a small table so we could sit more comfortably. This table that I spotted on Stewf's flickr page is perfect. It's a "mid-century Hans Olsen for Frem Rojle dining table & chair set" and I love it. I remember seeing something similar at IKEA last time we visited. The one at IKEA is called Fusion (below), but I don't think it's nearly as perfect...the IKEA version is a but clunky. There are a few on ebay, but they're pretty expensive. Damn (with a capital D).


(UPDATE: Read more about the amazing Hans Olsen set at The Mid-Century Modernist. Thanks, Stephen!)

5 comments:

Stephen said...

Hi Abbey. You can read more about the Hans Olsen Dinette Set on The Mid-Century Modernist.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, Stephen! I've updated the post. Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

love this table, stop showing me things i would love to have that your father will hate!

mom

electropositive said...

oh my, that table and chair set is so beautiful (and I'm sure it would fit into one of those tiny buffalo kitchens I'm sure you have)!

I could never settle for the ikea one after seeing that Hans Olsen.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

anonymous (aka MOM)- just get it so I can live vicariously through you. :)
Jess, come over for dinner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...