3.06.2008

Collected...


Today was both really good and really bad. Good: I woke up early (well, actually EZ E woke me up early)...bad: it took me a full thirty minutes to dig my car out of the ice (although I spent a ridiculous amount of that time trying to chip at the ice surrounding my car with the end of an umbrella)...good: traffic was pretty clear...bad: while in that traffic on the highway, a sheet of ice fell off someone's car and shattered the windshield of our car...good: it was just me in the car and I wasn't hurt...bad: I missed teaching today...good: I got to work on things around the house, which included adding some finds to my shop. One of those finds is this glove stretcher (above)...I have to admit though, sometimes I post things and have "posting remorse". I used to collect hands, but sadly unloaded my collection a few moves ago, so this week's Collected post is a what could have been collection of glove stretchers/molds, starting with the etsy shop Uncommon Eye...

Judith.Knight...

ahd...


urban artist...



and Julia Rothman (wheels wallpaper in background)...



Bad, bad, bad: unloaded hand collection!!!

7 comments:

electropositive said...

Abbey!

I just knew those sheets of ice on the top of the cars could be bad news.

I'm glad everyone's okay (except the poor car, and by extension, collecting change purse).

62mockingbirds said...

wow that windshield thing must have been terrifying
glad that you are ok

Jessica said...

I love these type of glove hands as well. In a big collection they are awesome and the patterns are beautiful.

Claire said...

That hand stretcher is a serious temptation.

sosser said...

i know just how you feel about losing your hand collection. i got rid of a few of my bigger collections a couple of years ago. still feeling the remorse.

hope you and your car are recovering nicely this weekend.

Anna B said...

Whew...Thank goodness you're okay Abb.

I love the pictures of the hand collection.

I have one hand, would that count as the start of a collection??

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, everyone! The car is fixed. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...