2.10.2008

Kokeshi cuteness...



As promised here are some of my finds from the estate sale yesterday...vintage kokeshi dolls! Aren't they cute?! I also found these lovely dolls by Susie Ghahremani of boygirlparty (below) and Camilla Engman (bottom) that were made for an exhibition at subtext gallery. You can see more shots of these dolls and others here. If you'd like to try your hand at making a kokeshi of your own, they sell blank dolls here. I'll be adding these to my shop soon, so keep an eye out!


4 comments:

nina said...

That's a great find indeed! I keep wondering how it's possible that you in the US seem to have so many amazing estate sales or yard sales (don't know exactly what the difference is) where you can still find the greatest stuff. At flea markets in the Netherlands all you find is rubbish, or if there's ever something precious, they ask astronomic amounts of money for it. Thrift shopping seems a lot harder here than in the USA, but maybe my overseas view is too romantic...
(my fantasy shows markets with enormous piles of Eames chairs etc for almost no money... that's probably an illusion!)

Ele said...

I love kokeshi dolls. My dad brought me some from Japan when I was three (and sadly did not understand I needed to treat them gently).

Christina Conway said...

Discovered your blog through www.delightfulblogs.com. Lovely collection! Thank you for posting the Kokeshi Dolls, I curated the show that Susie and Camilla's pieces were in. I also have blank Kokeshi for sale.

I look forward to keeping up with your posts.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

That's my fantasy too, Nina! Christina, you did an amazing job- that show was brilliant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...