2.21.2008

Collected...



Much to my parents' dismay I got a tattoo when I turned eighteen. The tattoo artist lived out in the middle of the woods and had a stunning collection of turtle shells, birds nests, and other natural objects that he had collected on nature walks with his son, who was very appropriately named Forest. Ever since then I've wanted to start a collection of natural objects (aside from my random rocks/shells from Cape Cod). This week's Collected post features the specimen collection of my dreams. It belongs to Benita Larsson...well, actually it belongs to her son Wille. I also love how she's displayed their collection of maps.


Such a great idea! As you can probably tell, Benita has a gorgeous home. She recently opened her own etsy shop and you can read more about her busy days on the lovely blog Design for Mankind.

6 comments:

design for mankind. said...

awww, you're so sweet, abbey! thanks for the awesome link! :)

Deb said...

Oh yes, that map display is a fantastic idea. I flipped over to flickr to peek at the entire series of photos. Great spaces -- thanks for giving the nod in her direction!

elegantmusings said...

Oh wow! I am always drawn the the natural forms of specimens. The Smithsonian has an annex nearby that people can visit and wander around to look at the specimens they have on file (everything from fossils to smelly jars of gosh-knows-what). Its always so fascinating to look at everything! :)

Diane said...

I love this! I've collected rocks since I learned to walk. My dream is to have the special ones all organized in little box frames with neat tags on them, or in a glass case like a museum.

Nice blog you have! I'll be back again.

thealteredpage said...

Great collection of objects. I absolutely love the weathered color palette.

Meg said...

As soon as I finish this message, I'm showing this post to my 9 year old son. I know he'll love it. What a cool post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...