1.18.2008

Vintage, vintage...



Yesterday I had to run and buy some books for a class, so PRH watched EZ E. While I was out by myself I decided to swing by the thrift store and do a quick run-through. A "quick run-through" ended up being an hour of me wandering around picking up the best finds! I particularly love odd thrift store finds like this...a bag full of orange-red yarn balls. I like to imagine the person who would save a bag of orange-red yarn balls...probably a friend of the old lady who saved a whole bag of bread ties (and then sold them to me at a yard sale for 25 cents). Anyways, I'm really into putting everything in jars lately, so I threw the yarn in a jar when I got home and really like how it looks. I ran out of light to take any more photos today, but I'll try to take some photos of my finds tomorrow to share. Oh, we also got the wooden moms in the mail the other day; here's an image of them on the shelf. Vintage, vintage...rah! rah! rah!

5 comments:

sk8ordiehard said...

i love the faces on the moms and the subtle variations from one to the next.

Lisa said...

Perhaps the yarn belonged to a woman whose son or daughter was one of those Bhagwan Shree Rajnishi followers who can only wear orange and red, and that was her mitten- and scarf-knitting stash. And then maybe her son or daughter ditched the cult and she never wanted to see orange and red yarn again...

Half the fun of that kind of thing for me is making up the story to go with.

Jennifer said...

Uh, that line of moms is completely freaky and great - I used to play with that Fisher Price family when I was a kid...

electropositive said...

oh my. Yarn in Jars.

That is a collection I can get behind.

Monica said...

AHHH When I moved I had 80 billion bread ties and balls and balls of string, I threw some out and kept a bunch, I have a small tin filled with bread ties!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...