1.19.2008

Onion bag obsession...



I can't believe that I'm going to admit this, but last week I sent out a mass email requesting that folks save onion bags for me (I quite positive that no one on my email list was too surprised). As I said before, I was inspired by this photo by flickr user caramimi and decided that I would start an onion bag collection of my own. I'm going to be a total dork...like I wasn't already...there's just something so satisfying about transforming a mundane throw-away into a lovely object. I guess that's what I like most about caramimi's collection. Here are a few more photos of our odd shaped belongings. I'm planning to add them to an awesome flickr group that I joined called Curiosity Cabinet- Handmade Specimens. The tall gourd shape was made by a woman we went to undergrad with and I made the other two things. Can you tell that I'm obsessed with flickr?! Who knew that onion bags and flickr went hand-in-hand?



2 comments:

Jessica said...

I have become totally obsessed with your blog, these last few posts have been amazing.

I love the onion bags, do you just transform them and leave them on your shelf. Do you do anything do them?

http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, Jessica! I've been kind of rolling them into different shapes, but I think I may start sewing them. I'm not sure yet (I'll keep you posted). I have to admit that I've pathetically started buying fruits and veggies based on the bags they come in though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...