1.23.2008

Jar 'o hearts...

handmade valentine
handmade valentine
handmade valentine
handmade valentine
My best friend and I made these "Jar 'o Hearts' valentines when we were about 8 or 9 years old (remember, Em?). Being the pack-rat that I am, I held onto mine and eventually gave it to my boyfriend (now-husband, PRH) many years later. It's just an old Lipton tea jar filled with paper hearts that I cut out of construction paper. Most of the time the Jar 'o Hearts lives in our kitchen cupboard, just sitting and waiting for it's big day. Every year on Valentine's Day I pull it out and give it to PRH. Each year I add an extra little message and it's fun to go back and read them as the years tick by. We've been a couple for seven years now and every year my sweet husband pretends that he's surprised (which makes me adore him even more). The lovely blog Black*Eiffel is hosting a valentines show-and-tell, so I think you should run over and share your best valentine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about our jar's 'o hearts! I wish I were half the pack rat you are - I don't know if I have it in me to cut out all of those hearts again. Maybe I do, but only for GLP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...