PRH and I have been doing some projects around the house and I thought I'd share a look. We've finally pulled EZ E's room together in hopes that he starts sleeping longer in his crib. I made the bunnies (hanging on the wall) for him before he was born and we found the odd little painting of the boy (red shelf) in the garbage. The quilt hanging on the end of the crib is the one I'm trying to finish before he turns sixteen (it still needs to be quilted).

The picture directly above is EZ E's green ikea dresser. Our friend Tim made the drawing on the green dresser and the embroidered piece was a gift from our friend Alisia. I found the red "diaper wagon" at the thrift store.

We also did some stuff to the bathroom. Our bathroom vanity is B-A-D, but my mom made a curtain to mask the horrible gold and white painted base and I really like the results (thanks, mom!).

I had been searching for vintage fixtures for the lights and hadn't been able to find anything, so I finally decided to just replace the ugly bulbs with chrome-topped light bulbs. The painting in the top bathroom photo is by our friend Matt and the two little paintings in the bottom photo are by yours truly. Our bedroom is my next major house project. Did you know that they didn't start making queen sized beds until the late 60's/early 70's? I was looking for an antique headboard (very early 20th century) at a furniture consignment shop recently and the owner told me the "full" story (ha). Apparently you can get conversion kits, but I don't want to deal with that, so the search for a headboard continues. Poor me has to haunt more antique stores, flea markets, estate sales, and thrift stores...sad, very sad.

1 comment:

electropositive said...

That quilt is obscenely adorable.

I still have my handmade blanket from when I was a baby, so I have sentimental attachment to these things.

But this one, I think I wouldn't hide underneath pillows in the daytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...