1.22.2008

Chalking it up...


Are you ready to hear my latest obsession? Are you sure?!  Chalkboards. Yup...you read that right...I'm obsessed with chalkboards. I've just been seeing them everywhere and totally love the wide variety of styles and colors. Take a look at some of the amazing chalkboard images I found. My obsession started with this image (above) from etsy seller twotrees (a.k.a Shanna Murray).




found via the unquiet librarian (both images above originally from Cottage Living)

image from h-e-d..


image from Amanda Gardner


image from lucky me beads (found via etsy-love)


found via luvs2sew (image originally from Martha Stewart.com)


and last, but certainly not least...this image from Decor8 today. Are you ready to run out and get a chalkboard yet? Well...I am!

10 comments:

Myra said...

i have one in my home ffor decoration... i will email you a pic... aren't you jealous...

mimulus said...

yowsa, those are great! beats a magna-doodle anyday in my book.

Jessica said...

there is something really nostaglic about these pieces. I love the photos you picked as well. Inspirational..


http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

mary said...

Oh my gosh. Your post made me realize that I love chalkboards! (and prompted me to post about it on my blog, too, with a nod to you)

Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Meg said...

Hey- I finally did the workshop about studio spaces- and one of the participants told me about chalk cloth. Fabric.com carries it here:

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=402e03c3-68e4-4aff-ba8a-03330816cc14

I still use the little chalk board in my kitchen that I made with chalk board paint as a test. Rollers work better than brushes for getting an even surface.

Elizabeth said...

so funny! i'm a new reader to your blog and today's decor8 post sent me in search of green chalkboards on eBay. Not very good luck so far. I love that pic - the board, the red lamp, the globe, the desk, the chair... :>

Sharing your new love of chalkboards.

Ele said...

Favorite thing about my office is the blackboard!

Martina said...

They're great :)! I have this obsession too. Nice pics!

LKB said...

Hi - I am a friend of Jenn's. Just found your blog. You might enjoy this online show from an ongoing emerging artist series we do at the PRC (blackboards!), http://www.bu.edu/prc/gould.htm

AIR said...

Love chalkboards. I have a wall instead of a window behind my kitchen sink and painted it with chalkboard paint. We write the menu, notes, quotes and more on it all the time. I also painted a big square of chalkboard in my son's room for random doodling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...