1.29.2008

Around the world...


What is it about globes that people (myself included) find so fascinating?  I used to collect globes and then gave my collection away (I know...D-U-M-B). All of these lovely images make me want to start up again. Take a look! (photo above by lovely days)

Photo (below) from spring globe...


amyla174...

karen peacock...

IwateBuddy...

girl hula...

louise.design...

and last, but certainly not least, doublewinky...



Check out this site for some more amazing globes that you can make!


7 comments:

Rachael said...

I still have one of these give-away globes in my house. Glad to have a piece of your collection, and this just means you have more room for some of your other collections!

Sas said...

Hello Abbey :)

I wanted to compliment you on your beautiful and warm blog. It looks great and very inspiring, just like your pictures and designs :))

Sas

sk8ordiehard said...

these images are great, that bottom one is especially making the ideas flow! I love the way flattened globes look, the cut of the paper.

Amy said...

Thanks Abbey, so much, for posting my globe photo- I'm honored! I think what started me on the collection was the way each one I found was a different interpretation of the same thing, our planet seen in different blues, greens, beiges and blacks. And how our histories keep changing the borders and names. They seem like more than just objects to me.

Louise-the moon globes are wonderful!

hildA said...

great collection of globes, I LOVE them too

Elizabeth said...

Globe-lover here. Thanks for the great link to the paper globes! They will go great with the puzzle globe we got for Christmas! :>

Anonymous said...

This makes me so depressed. Until now I thought that globe collecting was my own entirely unique hobby... Laura.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...