12.15.2007

Silver-haired pirana...


I don't know about you, but sometimes after I go to JoAnn fabrics I feel like I've gone to hell and back. I had to pick up some supplies yesterday and as usual it was a sea of combative octogenarian women. However, I braved the rough water and was actually able to find some pretty fabulous stuff. I've been pining away for the Flor christmas tree tiles (above). Yes we do have a tree skirt, but it just takes up too much room and in no way lives up to the lovely contemporary Flor tree tiles. That's where JoAnn fabrics comes in...I found heavy felt tiles there for $2.50 each! They may not be as fancy as the Flor tiles, but they're certainly better than the pink monstrosity that was our tree skirt (don't worry, our tree skirt doesn't read my blog).


I also found these wooden bins for EZ E's toys (even though he prefers a blue plastic Solo cup to all of them)...


and this felt snowflake for our front door (again, $2.50)...


Sometimes it's worth swimming amongst a school of silver-haired pirana to get a few good deals, eh?

4 comments:

Anna B said...

"silver-haired pirana"

I'll have to make sure to color my hair before my darling niece comes home for Christmas ;-)

Love ya Abb!

Your Cotton Topped Auntie!

Jessica said...

what is that one little funny toyin the bin? Does it have a carrot or leaf head?

http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

Abbey H said...

The orange one is an organic carrot from a company called Under the Nile (via Amazon) and the other is a celery or turnip (?) in a jogging suit from Giant Robot. I think it's made by a Japanese company.

Amy Turn Sharp said...

rockin! That is kick butt
Lerv it!
I am making one pronto

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...