12.28.2007

Monkey on my back...


One of my favorite things about visiting my hometown is that I know where all of the good thrifting/antiquing haunts are. EZ E and I had a positively marvelous thrifting day yesterday. I found about a bazillion more bundt pans, which is awesome! What's not so awesome is coming to the realization that I've turned into a certifiable bundt pan freakshow; luckily that realization kicked in after my crazed purchase and I've spent the day gazing admiringly at my latest pans (ok...and maybe feeling a little guilty).
I also love pawing through my parents' barn to re-discover things I've stashed there over the years. Oddly, I found an entire ziploc bag of pencils from grade school that I'm planning to add to the pencil collection in EZ E's room. This fabulous GI Joe by 8 Skeins of Danger (above) reminded me of my old Barbie outfits, so I grubbed around for those and found an amazing hand-knit Barbie sweater. Woo hoo! I've decided to frame it and hang the frame on our coat closet. I promise to post all of my finds once I've had a chance to settle back in to life in the land o' chicken wings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...