11.01.2007

Ring around the kitchen 2...


Some of you may remember when I posted a while back about the wall in our kitchen. I always find bundt pans when we're out and about and decided to start collecting them, thinking that an entire wall of bundt pans would look really cool. Well, I've collected almost enough for our whole wall (as you can see, I need one more) and I'm not so sure what I think of the results. They stick out. I know...duh, Abbey! I think what I want to do now is scan all of the bundt pans, print them out, and hang the scans on the wall. While I figure out what to about this bundt situation, why don't you go bake a cake? Here's an amazing recipe for lemon cake that our friend Marni made for us one lovely evening. The recipe is from The Cake Mix Doctor:
Susan's Lemon Cake (also known in our house as YUM lemon cake)
Cake
1 package plain yellow cake mix
1 package lemon jello (3 oz)
2/3 c. vegetable oil
2/3 c. hot water
4 large eggs

Glaze
1/2 c. powdered sugar sifted (definitely sift)
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 t. lemon zest

Spray bundt pan with oil so cake doesn't stick. Mix all ingredients for cake and beat for 1 min on low- then 2 min on high. Bake cake for 40 minutes, or until it is light brown and starts to pull away from the pan. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Glaze warm and devour like Abbey did.

2 comments:

katie r. said...

I love the way it looks Abbey! Don't change it! Add one more and enjoy!
Great idea!

Petula Darling said...

What a great kitchen!
You have my dream stove, and I love the idea of hanging bundt pans.
I think it looks wonderful now, but if you're still on the fence about it maybe you could stagger the pans (sort of like rows of bricks).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...