10.18.2007

Spaces...


I was poking around on the web looking for images by Yoshitomo Nara and came across some gorgeous images of one of his exhibitions on tamjpn's Flickr photostream (this isn't one of them). I've been thinking a lot lately about using my drawings to create a space or to sort of envelope the viewer in imagery. I think Nara's studio pictured here does just that. I would love, love, love to see one of his exhibitions in person. I have a couple of books about him and in general I like his work. PRH and I always have terrific debates about the quality of his work...PRH basically thinks it sucks (see similar discussion on Book By Its Cover). There's no denying, however, that his work space is at least interesting, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...