9.26.2007

Shrill voices...



I took a book out of the library called The Sculpture of Ruth Asawa: Contours in the Air and was marking pages to scan. I ended up marking almost every page. I love books about art and artists, but sometimes I'll only like a handful of images...that's definitely not the case in this one. The images above are from the book; the top one is of her living room and the bottom one is of her with her children. I find both photos very inspirational, but the bottom one especially struck a chord. I take EZ E to the studio with me almost every day and this photo makes me feel somewhat less guilty. I really have no reason to feel guilty, but I do feel like...hmmmm...what?...perhaps an abnormal mom. Am I strange for bringing our little boy to my studio in the hopes that I can grab five minutes to paint or draw while he's napping? I guess if I have a choice between us staying home and watching an annoying red monster with a shrill voice or going to look at (and maybe trying to make) art, then we're going to choose the second. Who the hell knows if it's normal or not. Who the hell cares, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...