9.28.2007

In the neighborhood...




I've noticed that my drawings have started to address the fact that our neighborhood stresses me out. I had been thinking about installing my work on abandoned houses in our neighborhood as a sort of critique of what's happening here (or maybe on what isn't happening here). PRH and I watched an interesting film tonight about graffiti artists that renewed that interest. Cody Hudson was one of the artists in the film whose work I found most interesting. Hudson collects found materials, uses these materials to make drawings and cut-outs in his studio, and then installs these works in the streets of Chicago. Re-using materials and making my work more accessible is exactly what I was thinking about! I'm not sure how to exactly address these issues, but I'll be sure to post about it when I figure something out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...