8.21.2007

Working for the weekend...




Today was my second day of school and I'm ready for the weekend. Our hungry little alarm clock woke us up at 5:39 a.m., so I'm dog tired. I'm happy to report, however, that EZ E and PRH have been enjoying their mommy-free days. PRH (being the sweet husband he is) reassures me that being mommy-free isn't how or why he and EZ E are enjoying their days. It may sound crazy, but I finally realized today how much our lifestyle has changed. Where I once would have enjoyed spending an evening at some dive bar bitching over gin and tonics (yes...I meant to make that plural), now I'd rather spend an evening at home cooing to our best boy over his burp cloth. I'm in no way mourning the "loss" of our previous lifestyle...I guess what I'm trying to say is that I finally feel like a grownup and it's kind of a strange feeling. Instead of dwelling on this idea, however, I'm going to be like most grownups I know and quite happily retire to bed well before 11 p.m..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...