8.28.2007

What year is it...


I decided to post a bit early today because I was falling asleep as I was writing last night. My first day of class went well and my first day of teaching (this morning) also went well. I have a small class and they all seem like very bright, engaged kids. I asked them all to write down their favorite artist and was extraordinarily surprised that not one of them listed a contemporary artist. Several said they were interested in typography, but when I said one of my favorite artists was Margaret Kilgallen (maybe not so contemporary) they didn't appear to have any idea who she was. Bummer. Oh well...I guess I'm going to have to make it as point to introduce them to contemporary artists. Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...