8.11.2007

Oh my...


I'm all about obsessive collecting, so when Tim sent over a link to a site called Bob Truby's Brand Name Pencils I almost freaked out. Here's a statement from Bob Truby's site: "Now that you found this site, let me share with you my vision. As both an art teacher and a pencil collector, I desire this site to be a visual encounter with the incredibly diverse world of brand name pencils. I hope you will be amazed at the sheer number of pencil brands once produced in the USA and abroad. Sadly those days are over and the craftsmanship, skill and pride once put into the ordinary pencil is but a thing of the past. This site salutes Dixon, General and the Musgrave Pencil Companies for their continued efforts to supply our basic writing needs.". An art teacher and a pencil collector...we should salute you, Mr. Truby!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Well hello there! Just thought I'd search my name and funny I should come across several blogs regarding my pencil site. I must admit that since I was in middle school, I have been aware that nobody collects pencils. Little did I know that there are ”Others”. It's a trip, it's an addiction. Watch out or you will be next:-) I love pencils!!

Bob Truby
brandnamepencils.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...