6.28.2007

A sense of place...




I thought a few images of maps would be appropriate today because PRH, EZ E, and I are in Massachusetts right now and will be moving all of our worldly possessions early tomorrow morning (with a lot of help from my dad). PRH and I are really looking forward to being in one place again...we've been shuttling back and forth between the proud grandparents' houses for a couple of weeks now. Quite honestly, we're also looking forward to being able to walk around in our underwear...if we so desire.
Enough about underwear...back to the maps. Our friend Meg took these lovely photos. Her and I picked up thousands of maps from a map collection that an area university was deaccessioning. Until EZ E was born (four weeks ago tomorrow), I worked as the Public Arts Program Educator at the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art. I was designing a map-making project and was planning to have museum visitors make artwork using these maps. The Carle is an absolutely beautiful museum if you ever get the chance to visit. You can work with maps in the art studio if you go soon!

1 comment:

Meg said...

The map project so far is a gigantic hit. Visitors are being inventive, creative and often collaborating. I'll send pics when I return to the ECM after vaca!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...