3.11.2007

Twinkle on twinkie cake...


A fine evening was had by all last night. My parents hosted a fabulous (...albeit somewhat rowdy) 30th birthday party for PRH and I. Here is this year's twinkie cake...carefully constructed by my mom and our two nieces. The pink snowballs were quite lovely- more to look at than consume. PRH surprised me by being able to identify all of the twinkies by name (a previously unknown side of my husband). Other than my mom trying to pressure our little nieces to watch the movie Flicka, I think everyone had a great time. And, as our friend Greg pointed out, you know it's a successful evening out in the sticks when meat is exchanged (John ever-so-graciously brought caribou and deer for my father-in-law and brother-in-law)...a sweet, but slightly revolting gesture. The evening concluded with an ipod sing-a-long. Happy birthday to us!

1 comment:

gracie chase said...

Wow, from zero to sixty in a week! It was great to see both of you the other evening, looking happy and beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...