3.31.2007

Spring cleaning...




PRH and I have to move in July (yes...right after the baby is born) because he's graduating and this place is too tiny for three people (one of whom isn't even born yet, but who has an awful lot of stuff). So, I spent the morning packing and cleaning and realized just how cluttered our house is. I packed all of our picture books for EZ E (3 boxes worth), started cleaning off my little studio table, and packed away some thrift scores that I couldn't bear to part with. The seahorse is actually an ashtray (it's new use is to hold rings); I originally bought the three deer as decorations for Christmas presents for friends, but I was greedy and kept all three for myself; and the pitcher (which is not from a thrift store) is one of my favorite things because it makes me think of my grandma every-time I see it. When we lived closer to home, my grandma and I would go to auctions and come home with all kinds of goodies. I absolutely love going to auctions, especially with my eagle-eyed grandma, and look forward to going more regularly when things aren't so crazy (or in other words...18 years from now). My ideal day is to go for breakfast, go to all of the thrift stores in the area, eat sushi for lunch, go to an auction, get take-out for dinner, and come home and pour over all of my finds. Food and junking...aahhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...