3.22.2007

Printmaking procrastinator...




Rachael and I are co-curating a printmaking exchange called Mapping a Personal Journey and I should finally be done with my print by the end of this weekend. This is the drawing on which the print is based; all of the prints have to fold to a standard map size of 9" x 4" and include at least one fold (trust me...this rule didn't win us many friends). I can't wait to be finished with this damn thing so I can finish up the other two million projects that I have going.

I am happy to report that I'm making some serious progress on EZ E's yo yo quilt. I have 72 yo yos left to sew and then I need to applique them on bigger fabric. Grandma H. has promised to help me back it and then it should fit perfectly in the beautiful antique bassinet that my in-laws bought for EZ E. I still have to make a bumper for it (don't want his little head to get stuck in the spindles), but that should be a piece of cake. I have to admit that the yo yos aren't the most gorgeous color combination, but I've spread them out a bit and they look a little better. Hopefully once they're on the background fabric they'll look much better. I was at the Cooper Hewitt Museum last week and saw the National Design Triennial 2006. They had beautiful dresses on display made with yo yos in different shades of white. I can't remember the designer (maybe Han Feng?), but it inspired me to make a yo yo duvet cover for our bed using only white (and white-ish) yo yos. The yo yos also overlapped and varied in size, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish it by the time EZ E decides to arrive.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...